|Staff Name||Email Address|
|Mrs Glover (Teacher of Business Studies)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Our vision is to develop real world, enterprising, higher education and employability skills for tomorrow’s leaders and to prepare our pupils for the dynamic and global business environment. We are here to equip our pupils with essential knowledge about the profit motive, the functions of business, and the wider business environment.
We learn about businesses from a variety of stakeholder perspectives, allowing our pupils to make well informed decisions, whether they hope to become an employee, a small business owner, a corporate executive or the Minister of Finance.
Why should I Business Studies?
- Business Education involves critical thinking, interpretation of data, and manipulation of concepts and ideas.
- Business Studies deals with specific businesses and how they operate in the external environment, looking at how they overcome problems such as finding finance and staff, and marketing their products profitably.
- Business Studies fits very well with virtually any combination of other subjects.
- The skills of application, analysis and evaluation which are developed in these subjects are highly valued by universities and employers because they show your ability to think critically. Our subjects are useful for careers in banking, finance, management and industry, and also politics and the media.
Courses Offered at Key Stage 4:
- AQA GCSE Business Studies
- Level 2 IFS Certificate in Financial Education
Courses to be offered at Key Stage 5 (TBC):
AQA A Level Business
Please select from below the curriculum overview for the relevant year group.
Year 9 Year 10 Year 11
We are regularly updating our website with current information. If you have any further questions please contact us via email: email@example.com or call us on 01753 662009